Saturday, March 26, 2011
Today I decided to do a review of a wonderful product for you! "Why wonderful?", - you might ask. Very simple! How can you imagine our girly lives without glitters, loose pigments and eye shadows? I personally can't! Can you?
As far as I know there used to be no special primer for the mentioned above products! How did you make your pigments stick to your lid? I personally tried 3 methods:
1) clear lip gloss, which I applied to the lid... after a while it made the such a mess with my makeup
2) concealer mixed with a lipstick... by the way, this is a good method, but requires some time to produce the mixture
3) DUO adhesive... quite a good method as well
Mentioned-above methods do work, but they are not completely intended for the glitters and loose powders. And this is exactly why I was so glad for Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue to appear in our makeup shops! :)What it is:
A glue specifically formulated to lock down eye glitter and enhance its reflective quality.
Sold in a nice and glittery package, the product turns your attention to it immediately. Unlike Shadow Insurance primer, it is does not look oily and greasy. What you get is a white product, which after blending turns into a transparent tacky ( not sticky ) in texture primer. Cream formula is designed to grab and hold loose glitters, pigments, and shimmers so they won't come off until you take them off.
The primer is intended only for glitters/loose pigments. Obviously, if you use those on an every-day basis, the product is worth buying, but if not... why buying? Some might think that it might be used instead of a common primer, but I would disagree. The thing is that it locks down eye shadows and makes those hard to blend. If this is not your issue and you dont do smoky well blended eyes, you might indeed use this product.
The description on the packaging also suggests that the product minimizes fallout. Yes, that is obviously true when you have already applied the eye shadow/pigment. However, when applying loose pigments the fallout will still occur.
Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue is not a cheap product, below I give a price comparison, so you can see for yourself.
Price in the EU: 15 EUR, which is ca 21 USD
Price in the US: 18 USD
Price in the UK: 16.50 GBP, which is ca 26.60 USD
4,5 out of 5
Hope you enjoyed this review! ;) Please let me know if you have used this product and how you liked it!
Saturday, March 19, 2011
* Too Faced "Shadow Insurance" Primer
* Too Faced "Natural Eye" palette (eye shadows: Sexspresso, Cocoa Puff, Heaven, Silk Teddy)
* Mehron "Black" eye shadow
* Urban Decay "24/7 glide-on eye pencil" in Zero
* Lash curler
* Loreal "Volume Million Lashes" mascara
* Benefit "Sugarbomb" blush
* No 7 "Skin Illuminator"
* Make Up For Ever "Aqua Lip" lip pencil in C15
* Barry M lip gloss in #2
* MAC 239 brush